What a disaster..

We recently painted our living room and it was with a taupe..well the taupe had no visible pink undertones when looking at the swatch, same when we painted a sample...well after painting and letting it dry we could see there are pink undertones..not what we were looking for! (this is why I didnt want to paint)..It looks fine in certain lighting but other lighting..not so much. Well my living room is chocolate furniture with turquoise accents...not thinking this taupe will work with the turquoise so I need some help with changing my accent color!! Also as an added note I have ivory silk dupioni drapes on the way. The link below is to my hgtv rate my space so you can see what the paint color looks like..thank you!!

http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Living-Rooms/Small-living-room-needing-some-guidance/detail.esi?oid=24261073&save=save

Italiancouture7

Asked by Italiancouture7 at 11:32 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Change the paint color again. Go one shade lighter or darker than the drapes.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:35 AM on May. 19, 2011

• all you should have to do is change the shade of you taupe..just go a little darker or you can go back to the store and get them to add a little more brown and it should knock the pink out..and all taupes do have pink tones..i have the color toffee crunch in one of my rooms with chocolate accents with green and its very pretty and warming..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:36 AM on May. 19, 2011

• DH refuses to paint the room again and we already spent $70 on paint...DH is not willing to change it and if I try to do it myself he wont be very happy since he put all that time in..plus we are military so we wont be here long anyways..its not worth repainting
    Italiancouture7

Comment by Italiancouture7 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on May. 19, 2011

• SWEETY YOU I WOULD HAVE WENT WITH A OFF WHITE OR IVORY FOR MY WALLS
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 11:39 AM on May. 19, 2011

• i actually like it...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:44 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I actually love the color !! lol..its just not something that goes with turquoise??? but I maybe be wrong!
    Italiancouture7

Comment by Italiancouture7 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I think it looks good. The sofa picks up the color in that one picture. Pinks and blues go well together and they seem to work well in your room.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I like it!
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Maybe go with a different shade of blue instead of turquoise, however, I think it looks fine the way it is.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I like it
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 7:27 PM on May. 19, 2011