I just dyed and then tried to highlight my hair and its all messed up.

The night before last someone dyed my hair a chocolate brown and then tried to run bleach (store bought bleach out kit for hair) through it with there fingers and only the top took so the next day we went and got a highlight kit and tried to fix it for, some reason the middle to bottom won't take the color. So with everything I've done to it would it be safe to dye my hair back to normal brown which is what my natural hair color is?

Boxer-Mom

Asked by Boxer-Mom at 11:36 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• im not sure but i know the girl that colors my hair will only dye it a solid color one day..make me wait about a week and go back for highlights..if your not careful you will def fry your hair..i think i would wait a few days..if your are not certain call a local salon and ask
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:38 AM on May. 19, 2011

• you can always try..but i'd apply the brown only where you need it. in other words, don't recolor brown hair with brown color..its not necessary. and it may still end up a little lighter in places.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:39 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I would go have a professional do it. Since you will have to lighten the hair to get back to natural, you could really tear it up to the point that it could start breaking off or falling out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:39 AM on May. 19, 2011

• they make a color stripper that you could get at a beauty supply store. whatever you do, i'd deep condition for a couple weeks and not touch it with color for at least a month. good luck!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:43 AM on May. 19, 2011

• you have to wait or go to a salon. your gonna mess your hair up! dont do it!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 11:48 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You need to go to a salon at this point otherwise you could end up with a chemical blowout and the ONLY solution to that is to shave your head or live with hair that feels like straw and snaps off any time you touch it.

Chances are they will do a deep condition, tell you about some products to use for a few days (possibly a week or two) then have you come in for a soap cap and an all over color.

The best product I can recommend at this point is Revlon Anti Snap it is a bit pricey but it will work wonders and keep your hair from breaking.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:53 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Also "color strippers" are not what many people assume. They will bleach ALL the color from your hair in a manner that does not leave you with a pretty result. It is spotty, streaky, etc. Then you have to deposit color afterward. This is ALWAYS best done at a salon and not at home because it can be very damaging to your hair if not done properly as well as harmful to yourself. Many salon supply stores won't sell the "good stuff" to the general public either.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:56 AM on May. 19, 2011

• If you do to much to your hair close together like that, it might fry it. I colored mine once, then the next day I straightened it. It cooked it and it was so frizzy and dead looking. I just had to let it grow out and get it cut.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Ohhh noooo - time for a trip to the salon for an expensive fix.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:19 PM on May. 20, 2011