Given today's tough economic times, what type of extra-curricular activites are parents signing their children up for? What type of classes do they want them to take?

I am doing research and want to find out what programs parents and their children are interested in/signing up for. I am most interested in birth thru 5, and tweens. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• My kids do choir at church, camp fire and girl scouts and reading club at the library. I find these character building and cost effective I don't have money for extra activities. My daughter used to do drama,ballet,Kumon maths,Judo and singing but I can't afford it any longer
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 11:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• my children do soccer every fall and spring. Next spring will be the first year they get to choose for themselves between bowling and soccer. That will be a no brainer, one loves soccer and the other loves bowling. they are only allowed to do one each though.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• What I want to sign him up for and what I can afford are two different things....
    I would like to sign him up for TKD, especially because that's my sport of choice and I would like to get back into training, but it costs too much, and timewise right now I don't think it'd fit into our schedule.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• we dont o them yet....my kids want to but it seems like they want a butt load of money for even the little activities....so we have Library Days , Park Days and then they choose a few of the others
    poobear5

Answer by poobear5 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I want to sign my daughter up for dance and I probably will once registration starts again. It is expensive but I will cut back in other areas to have her be able to get involved in something good. I also want to put her into Girl scouts. My son is only 2 so it will be awhile before he gets involved in anything.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 9:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My kids do Baseball every spring and fall. My daughter also does gymnastics and my son does Karate. That's about all I can do right now though.
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 9:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2008