How do you reduce spam in your email?

I've had the same email account for years and now and within the last few months I've started getting crazy amounts of spam. I use a different account for things like free offers and junk that I think will generate spam.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 11:48 AM on May. 19, 2011 in Technology

• I open them and click the "remove" option. it helps most of the time and others I just send to my bulk bin and look through when I'm bored or expecting an email that hasn't arrived in my inbox
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Some websites that we use or open, for some reason just generates spam emails once we start using them. Big time spammers like emails coming from U.K, Nigeria or somewhere asking for help or money, for example, employ computer geeks who could extract people's emails once you're in their system. Craigslist for one, I would say is not a safe website, and if you're not careful to judge if it's a legit ad or not, you're in danger of distributing your email address to one of these "spammers" system.
    I have stopped using yahoo email long ago and decided to keep my gmail account.
    filmom2ethan

Answer by filmom2ethan at 1:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Depends on who is hosting your email - or you can buy a spam filtering service.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:47 PM on May. 19, 2011