How can I keep motivated to work out?

I just don't seem to have the time to exercise with a 2 year old & an 8 month old, & when I do get the time I am to exhausted to do it, any suggestions?

viccimomof1

Asked by viccimomof1 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I feel it with u! I go during naptime with my 3month old in her stroller to our gym in our apt complex but sometimes she wakes up and I gotta stop
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 12:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It's really more about desire than motivation. You see, we all have the same amount of hours within a day so and it's what we choose to fill up our day with that matters most. As mothers, taking time for ourselves seems to be the one thing we forget to schedule into our days, but in reality, it's the most important to protect our health. If you start your day with an exercise routine you will find that making the "I don't have time to workout" excuse will be eliminated. Or you could join a mom's group that is focused on mother, child, and exercise where you can bring your children with you in the stroller. Hope this helps!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 7:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Pick something you enjoy...this way you will want to do it at the end of the day.

Yoga is good because it will help you wind down from a busy day with the kids. I enjoy running also.

For your tiredness make sure you are eating lots of fruit and as much as you desire before meals. Make sure you are getting daily greens - green smoothies work really well with this and just incpororating that into your daily life will make a massive difference.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You have make time for it during the morning...I send my 5yr old to school...Put my 9month old in the exersaucer...Put on my trusty workout DVD...And my 2yr old either plays with his toys or joins me jumping around! If you don't have a workout DVD then just put on an upbeat CD that motivates you & start jogging on the spot using arm movements & add it up as you go along...30minutes a day & you will feel awesome!!!
    Mountainmom5

Answer by Mountainmom5 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Just another note....I have a great double stroller - Chariot Cougar 2 - lightweight & awesome for jogging & biking!!!!
    Mountainmom5

Answer by Mountainmom5 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Get a Y membership if you can afford it!! You can drop them off for 2 hours and do your own thing. It's great!! YMCA's will also work with you if you are low income.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm so there with you I have a 2 1/2 yr. old and a 10 1/2 mo. old. It's almost impossible to do anything in the gym. We don't have a YMCA here the closest one is 6+ hours away. And getting anyone to take 2 kids is just as impossible. I looked alot of the at home stuff up on line like MSN and Yahoo! have some really neat things. I found it best to just stay at home and incorporate the girls in with it. Like jumping around the house and dancing or doing the "airplane" by laying flat on my back and putting one of the girls on my feet and holding her hands acting like she's a superhero or an airplane. Awesome ab and leg workout!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 6:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008