What are we going to do with two babies

We just found out we are expecting twins. HELP

Mommy2B1030

Asked by Mommy2B1030 at 12:11 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• LOL! well congratulations! I have one baby and I can barely handle it!!! Your gonna need help!! and lots of it!!! Good luck!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:13 PM on May. 19, 2011

• OMG.. Congratulations. I hear the first year is hard but if you have a support system and an at home team set up - it can help a TON.. just try to set that up now, with help with Meals, or having family help with Cleaning , or coming over so you can nap or help with laundry until this becomes routine or better for you- Good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:14 PM on May. 19, 2011

• ooh ooh I will take one lol. Just kidding. You can do it. At first it will most likely seem like you can't but once you are in a routine you will do fine. Agreeing with setting up a support or help group for the first few weeks at least. Good luck and congrats.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• busy mom lol Learn to juggle. Join a support group. Get a book about twins? You should be happy you get two for the price of one :) I'd love to have twins. You are very lucky

myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:17 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Make sure you have good support in place and expect to be drained.
    Is this your first?(and second too? ;)
    My MIL found out she was having twins and her baby wasen't even a year old. Not expected and she survived!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Congrats!!!!! You can do it. I will be hard adjusting at first, I'm sure. A loving mom can do anything she sets her mind to.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Aw honey.. I have 9 kids- 2 sets of twins. You really shouldn't be freaking out! Nothing to it. You just need to be prepared for a little extra work but you'll catch up with them as soon as you bring them home :)
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Prepare to have a lot of help, work for optimal health, hire great care providers to work for the safest experience possible.
    Pretty much what we all should be doing with singletons or multiples~ lol.
    But especially for you!

Do you have a midwife, plan a hospital birth?
    What kind of support do you have around?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:57 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my best friend has twins almost 4 years ago, and b4 the girls were 1 her husband passed away, so she was left to raise the girls alone. She has a great support system, both sets of grands help out all the time and friends and other family were there for help and support when needed. SHe didnt think she could do it alone, but she made it and so can you. Just make sure that b4 they are born you have your team in place, and make sure that you know what everyone can or is willing to do . You will do just fine! Good luck mama
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 1:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Congrats!!!! Join a group for twin moms on CafeMom. It helps a lot to have other moms who have "been there, done that" to ask all your crazy questions. The first year is hard, but for us it was actually the first 3 to 4 months was the hardest. We've had plenty of difficult stages/phases, but overall things have continued to get easier.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:01 PM on May. 19, 2011