Family drama and trying not to drag a friend into it.

I recently went ahead and added a new page for my kid's photos so that family could keep up with them and not feel like they were missing out on events, videos and what not from my 5 and 2 year-old's lives.

My friend suggested "You should let them facebook your mom even though you two aren't getting along."

I don't get along with my Mother and would even go so far as to say she never matured past 15 (which is the age she had my sister at).

How do I explain to my friend that I don't want the kids having contact with her and I don't want her talking to my Mother about the kids and I. I don't want to drag my friend into it.

It sounds so immature but our lives are so much better without my Mother in them!

Should I just ignore it and leave it all be or should I say something to my friend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Just explain to her that you are uncomfortable with your mother having contact with you or the children at this point. That things are too complicated for it to any furthur and you'd like it if she respected your wishes and not discussed your children with your mother
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:36 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Your friend should respect your wishes. Talk to her.
    Anonymous

• Tell her no I dont think I am going to do that because my mom and I do not get along.

Answer by gemgem at 12:30 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Well, it's not your friend's family, mother, or facebook page, so I don't see where she has any say in anything. If she's your friend, she should respect the fact that you and your mother don't get along, and she should be on your side!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:40 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You just have to tell your friend to let it go, but If you want a "connection" but not a frequent on you could consider letting them send/receive letters via snail mail. You can review the content of what they send/get before they get it and even if she responds quickly it will be one letter every few weeks. All the fun without the drama, and the US Mail is reliably still slow.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:38 PM on May. 19, 2011