~??Do you know what sets your husband off??~

Do you know what pisses him off or aggravates him? Do you avoid doing those things?

I know some women that don't and then it makes it so much harder for them to get along. I joke with my husband alot. We can talk without accusing and just kind of breeze our way through a matter usually without a full on fight (depending on the level of severity). My mother will give her husband hell for not eating dinner or being late for it. They'll actually get mad and not talk the rest of the night. That kills me. I didn't learn it from her then because to me it's not a big deal. I'll tell him that if my food is that bad, he could just tell me instead of not eating. He would say something like "I tell you that all the time!" Then I stick my tongue out at him and he throws me a smooch. lol. To me there are some things that are not worth fighting over but I understand how some don't want to walk on eggshells just to get along with their SO.

Anyone else like this? I am not a pushover. I just don't fight about petty things. Then when we do fight, he KNOWS I mean business.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 12:16 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with you whole heartedly! My mother nags my father about every breath he takes. It makes everyone around them miserable! I often wonder if it's possible for my dad to do any thing right in her eyes. Because of this I have decided to do the same as you and let it go. It's not walking on eggshells unless you hold onto your irritation/anger, and I don't. If I get to feeling that way about somthing he did I stop myself and get some perspective. Yes he leaves a dirty spoon by the coffee pot every morning instead of putting it in the sink, but if that's the only thing I have to be upset about than I've got to be the luckiest woman alive! And so, I will happily put that spoon in the sink for the rest of my life.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't try to start crap with my husband and I do know what makes him upset.

Ditto

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:24 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yup! I know what's going to make him mad...but it took a long time lol....sometimes when I'm feeling petty I do something that I KNOW is going to make him mad just for the hell of it (not some of my proudest moments but why lie about it lol) but now that we know each other and what is going to push each others buttons we fight a whole lot less and when we DO fight, we're able to get over it quicker
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't try to start crap with my husband and I do know what makes him upset. The only thing I can't avoid is the stress his mom brings in our lives, she makes me a nervous wreck and I don't deal with it too well.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yep I knew what set him off before we ever started dating. We were each others best friend of the opposite sex for a couple years before we started dating. He would tell me all the time crap his now ex's would do or say and why he dumped them, or got mad at them and all that. I would tell him the same things about guys I dated. So we had an advantage going into a relationship I guess.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• yes i do....he hate the house being dirty, he hate the laundry not being done, so i try to keep those two things always in check. other than that he's fairly easy going, as long as everything is his way lol...
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 12:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yea I do. I do avoid setting him off. I will set him off on purpose if he seems to need to relieve stress. He thanked me for it one day.
    Anonymous

• We have a very joking relationship also - we know what bothers each other but don't push the buttons but can easily joke about it.. ( unless its each others parenting - that one is still fresh and easily hurtful ) But sometimes HE pushes the buttons which apparently has genetically run to our son lol! My mom said I'm in trouble haha
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think a lot of times arguments stem from control issues...like the food thing...if my 30 year old LP decides he isn't having dinner, why should I be able to tell him that he is?!

I have never intentionally "stirred the pot", and if he says he would prefer to have something in the house done differently, I try to accommodate most thing (i.e. about 10 years ago he told me I folded socks "wrong"...lol...whatever, I can do it the way mommy did it...not a big deal), but he gives me the same respect.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Wow you girls have given me greater responses than I ever imagined I'd get! Hugs to you ALL for knowing who you are and what you have!!!!!
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 1:38 PM on May. 19, 2011