Does the financial aid office @ your college really work to get you your financial aid???

I ask this because they seem so darn rude so Im wondering is their job to get you your aid or not?

JacquitaH

Asked by JacquitaH at 12:24 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would get on line and fill out your own fasfa and loans fill out the paperwork and whatever scholarships and then you only see them to handle it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I mean you fill it out then they just make sure it pays for school and you get whatever is leftover.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, but now days because they are all government grants and loans it's not hard. Fill out your FAFSA (fafsa.com) and it will tell you how much you are expected to pay. If you are really poor you might be able to get government grants you don' t have to pay back. If not you can probably get Stafford loans. Up to $5500 in your Freshman year. Depending on your income you might be able to have some or all of the finance charges paid by the good people of America. These loans don't come due until 6 months after you graduate.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:38 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No. At our financial aid office, all they do is sit behind the counter and hand you forms. I've often wondered about that too. I asked them to check on my status one time and it was this big deal for them. I now go through the computer for all my financial aid questions at FAFSA.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my office is always so nice and helpful
    NurseKlein

Answer by NurseKlein at 1:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thanks EVERYONE you all have been helpful and Ive filled out everything I just wondered because dont they understand that they only have jobs because ppl are in enrolled in that school?..UGH It just doesnt pay to be mean and hateful to ppl on a daily basis..Be happy SOMETIMES..LOL
    JacquitaH

Comment by JacquitaH (original poster) at 2:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My experience is that they are less than helpful.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I went to a private Christian College but the financial aid there was very helpful and very friendly so I haven't ever dealt with rude people. They shouldn't be rude and I would report anyone that treats you that way, they are suppose to be helpful to you. Everyone is right, fill out your own FAFSA but keep up with the aid office as they get behind on things and let things fall through the cracks and one time I was at this school for learning Paralegal studies, not the University above but like a Jr college place and they said I had to pay cash for the semester as they didn't get all the paperwork in on time. Of course they told me this more than half way into the semester!
    angelgirl62

Answer by angelgirl62 at 9:28 PM on May. 19, 2011