Angina

Do you have it or are you close with anyone who has it?

What are the symptoms and how did you/they find out they have it?(what tests were done...ect.)

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 12:56 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• they do all they same tests they would do if the person was having a heart attack.. once they rule everything out they say you have angina... take a daily asprin sometimes prescibe nitro if the symptoms are very extreme...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:07 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Symptoms are:
    Pain or discomfort, Pain in your arms, neck, jaw, shoulder or back accompanying chest pain, nausea, fatigue, shortness of breath, anxiety
    Sweating and dizziness.

If your chest pain lasts longer than a few minutes and doesn't go away when you rest or take your angina medications, it may be a sign you're having a heart attack. Call 911 or emergency medical help. Arrange for transportation, and drive yourself to the hospital only as a last resort.

TEST:
    Electrocardiogram, stress-test, chest X-ray,echocardiogram sometimes cardiac scans and blood test

Angina is caused by reduced blood flow to your heart muscle

Esam

Answer by Esam at 2:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thank you for this post, this is something that I've suspected that I have for a while now, yet something I keep putting on the back burner :(
    Shellbell001

Answer by Shellbell001 at 6:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Same here. it's quite odd no doctors have brought it up to me with all the symptoms and things I've read about. Especially because I have low blood pressure normally too, which makes it more of a possibility
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 7:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• never had it...sorry.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 8:51 PM on May. 20, 2011