Yard Sales

When you have one, do you price things really low to get rid of them, or higher, expecting people to haggle with you?

arpkdmom

Asked by arpkdmom at 1:02 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Shopping

• low and I don't haggle!
    Anonymous

• Just what used stuff would be worth. I've had people try to haggle over ridiculously low priced stuff before...I think it's some kind of art form or something. lol
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 1:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I price things low and I don't haggle - I hate it. I also hate going to yard sales where nothing is marked and they want you to offer them a price. If I browse and don't see any tags on things I just leave.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I price the stuff low and I put a sign up suggesting hagglers will be shot on sight and early birds will be eaten by worms. (The yard sale crowd thinks its funny). If someone is eyeing something that I want gone at all costs I will ask them what its going to take to make that item walk away or tell them if its still there at the end of the sale they can just have it if they want to chance it (often they fork over the money because they are afraid of losing out--weird)
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:51 PM on May. 19, 2011

• low thats why its a yard sale and i don't haggle, my bf does though just to pick on people. what a strange man im going to marry
    sleepinglotus

Answer by sleepinglotus at 8:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had some shirts for 50 cent and this woman asked would I take a quarter. I was thinking you are joking right. She was dead serious.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 11:28 PM on May. 19, 2011