SCABIES & CLASSROOM !!

I have a co-worker who child goes to a daycare and there was a child who had scabies. They still let class go on as normal but without the child who had scabies was not there. Should the class close down for the day so the teachers can clean up the room and disinfect everything ?? To me I would have all the other students go home while they do this ?? I'm I crazy ???

tjabbysmom

Asked by tjabbysmom at 1:03 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Scabies really isn't that big of a deal. I had it when i was a kid. I just put RID all over my body and hair and washed it off and it went away. None of my siblings or classmates ever got it. And I had it for a while. My mom thought I was making it up
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• ooohh scabies is GROSS i had it before and my arm was like covered in it!!!! It can be serious if its not treated. I dont think they should close the class for one day, but def. make sure they said after the class to disinfect!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Scabies is mange when it affects people. Really, its just a parasite, an itchy one at that, but there are several ways to deal with it. Sending the kid home is what they'd do for headlice, and imo, headlice is far worse.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My boys got it from my dad who tavels a lot and were at school for awhile before we figured it out (the doctors had NO clue!). No other kids got it and even DH, myself and my 3 girls never got it.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 3:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with the above comments.
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 6:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• they should disinfect, but not sure if it's necessary to close the school
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thanks. She was going crazy this morning. I have never had it so I thought I would ask you all about it.
    tjabbysmom

Comment by tjabbysmom (original poster) at 7:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Don't think they should close the school unless it get out of control
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with what everyone else said
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 8:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I see no reason to close the classroom. I can understand her being skeeved out by it, but seriously, germs (and parasites and fungus all sorts of ickies) are everywhere.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:10 PM on May. 19, 2011