Couponing questions, please explain :)

so I started slowly to use coupon but I'm a bit confused on how to do it. When I get the mail I receive different store advertisements, but I mainly only shop at Ralph's Grocery store. So can I use the other store's coupons towards my store? How do I get more manufactures coupons? I want to be able to walk in and use alot more coupons. Yesterday I used manufactures coupons I received from my store and the store club card and got 1/3 of my bill off. I saved $90.32!! It was great!!

Any tips will be greatly appreciated thanks!

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:06 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I cashier at a souther grocery chain. Ok, so u need to ask, or call ur local stores and see who takes "competitor" coupons, and if they do you can double the savings there. Next, ask if they take their "store" coupon and a "manufacturer" coupon for one item. (meaning 2 coupons for the 1 item). And also, find out who has the BOGO deals. Cuz some stores like mine, have bogo deals, buy one get one. and if they give you half off or if u have to buy one to get the other. See, we give u half off so u can use a coupon on top of that. so look for bogos that are half off. unless u have money or the room to buy both the items. Ok. and there are tons of websites to join for coupons and print for free without having to buy or purchase them. That is another thing, the coupon Queens sell coupons on their websites. It is only worth it if u pay pennies on multiples that u will use/need. websites include;couponmom.com coupons.com and many more
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 1:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You need to call your grocery store and see if they will take the other store's coupons. Some will, most won't - it's because the other store can jack up their prices and then give you a coupon so you really aren't saving any money and since they aren't manufacture's coupons the store can't recoup that money. To get more manufacture's coupons, get your Sunday paper, print them from online sources (if your store will take those, mine won't) and contact the manufaturers whose products you use and ask for them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:09 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thanks scout_mom! Great feedback! I am really excited to save money on food especially since I do have a taste for better quality food, which also tends to be more pricey, I want to conserve as much as possible.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You can buy bulk coupons on Ebay !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:37 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I buy several papers each Sunday and print out coupons that I use quite a bit.

I know Walmart will take other stores coupons and some Kroger stores.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 3:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Get the Sunday paper to get more coupons.
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Make sure you go when Ralph's doubles the coupons.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Princesspeach and Jhan do you use other store's coupons towards another store? Can you give me an example on how you use them?
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 4:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• you can print a bunch of coupons online. try coupons.com
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:12 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Oh good tips ladies thanks
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 7:34 PM on May. 19, 2011