Obama wants Israel to go back to 1967 borders- Thoughts?

So, you think they are happy? He said they should have some swaps but basically the 1967 borders would be his goal. What?? Does he think they will give him the time of day? He even mentioned that Palestine would be guaranteed protection. Didn't say from where but you can guess.
The gall of this guy never ceases to amaze me.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:13 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Call me crazy, but supporting Israel is Biblical. If he were a Christian I would suppose he would too. So with that said, all I can surmise is that this will all come back on Obama at least 3 fold. I hope I can watch.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Hey ya great idea, let start another holy war with a country we gave nuclear warheads to, great idea!!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:18 PM on May. 19, 2011

• sickCan we get him out of office yet?

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Wow, his utter stupidity never ceases to amaze me. People keep asking if the world is ending this weekend - maybe Obama thinks that's his cue to start more crap.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think he should worry about our borders and let them worry about theirs.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognised borders are established for both states."

-- Barack Obama

"The Palestinian people must have the right to govern themselves, and reach their potential, in a sovereign and contiguous state. "

--- Barack Obama

con·tig·u·ous/kənˈtigyo͞oəs/Adjective
    1. Sharing a common border; touching.
    2. Next or together in sequence.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Considering the fact that he tossed Israel under the bus along with most of the rest of our allies, I think he's delusional. Israel doesn't owe him squat ~ and that includes playing nice so that he can pat himself on the back some more. Aside from that, even if Israel pulls back it doesn't mean that Palestine is going to stay on their side (or keep their darn rockets there). They have not honored one single treaty since this mess started ... that's a lousy track record when it comes to convincing the people they keep attacking to give them one more chance.

Personally, if I were Israel, I'd say that if not one SINGLE rocket or suicide bomber or any other boomboom sort of thing went off or came to visit for a full year, I'd pull back ~ with the understanding that if it started up again that they would lose it again and NEVER get it back.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• – collapse

Call me crazy, but supporting Israel is Biblical

OK you are crazy. What does the Bible have to do with our foreign policy?

are you admitting thats why Israel gets a free pass from righties? its "Biblical"? and they shouldnt be held to the same standard as other countries?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:57 PM on May. 19, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• – collapse
    It's a start.

The idea of supporting something only because some believe it's "Biblical" scares the crap out of me. Images of kids crying and wailing before a cutout of Pres. Bush come to mind.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 2:08 PM on May. 19, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Israel should never give back what it won during the 1967 war when IT was attacked. This will just harden the Israeli's and draw even more support for their determination to exist amidst radical Muslim states that support genocide of the Israeli people. Obama is a fool and the worlds leaders know it. This is why it is so important to NOT listen to the gibberish from the liberal MSM and do your own research. Had voters informed themselves for the 2008 election, Obama would not be calling the shots.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 2:11 PM on May. 19, 2011