What is the best kitty litter that blocks the smells, and clumps great? (new cat owner) thanks.

I need good affordable or worth it, kitty litter that does not get everywhere. I clean up after the kitty every time she goes.. but when i am at work, i come home to a mess and a slight ammonia smell. Thanks for any opinions i can get. I am tired of being the scooper! lol

SOPHIASMOM

Asked by SOPHIASMOM at 1:19 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pets

• Tidy Cat for Multiple Cats is what I always used when we had cats.

Answer by gemgem at 1:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

•  This is the best stuff I have found.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I use Tidy Cats litter that comes in a tub. I get the clumping formula for multiple cats although I only have one cat. Works great for me.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i jus seen that on a comercial ^ im going to try it! -scout mom
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I like tidy cats for multiple cats
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I like most of the tidy cats scoopables. Multiple cats is good...24/7 odor control is good too. I also like to put some baking soda in there as well.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thank You all sooo much i have not tried iether brand but I will today. I just washed and disinfected the litter box. and i did the baking soda too! Thanks again and have a great day all!!
    SOPHIASMOM

Comment by SOPHIASMOM (original poster) at 1:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Tidy cats has always been a good one, but lately with all the budget cutting i have had to do, just the store brand clumping litter like from Winco or Safeway have also worked well. i have also found that a covered litterbox with a small rug on the floor in front of the opening helps keep the litter from being thrown all over the place, especially when they are kittens, because they like to play in the fresh litter...
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 1:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thanks i bought a kitty guard and i just put a towl under the area and she just went and kicked out a buch of litter. she is only 4 months young.. and soo crazy.
    SOPHIASMOM

Comment by SOPHIASMOM (original poster) at 1:54 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Cats Pride :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:42 PM on May. 19, 2011