Question about Daycare/Preschool:

For those who have children in daycare/preschool: did they get sick easily and often? My daughter just started a daycare/preschool and on the 2nd day she caught a stomach bug and then passed it on to the whole family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 16 months old and I hate the fat that she always has a runny nose and I know it's all because she is in daycare. She hasn't caught a stomach bug and hopefully she will not.
    Mz_Lady1978

Answer by Mz_Lady1978 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My DD (now 15 months old)has been in daycare for three almost four months now and, yeah, for me its not the stomache bug...its strep.... and strep again....oh, why not go for a whole month of strep...which seems to lead into ear infections...which lastly led into a ruptured ear drum.......yeah, daycare can bite. But what other option do we have at this point? (But to be honest, I have missed more classes than I have attended because she has been so ill....UGH!)

GoodLuck!
    MiMiKKrY

Answer by MiMiKKrY at 8:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• For the first 9 months or so, yes. But now it's getting much better. Don't worry, this phase will pass. And if you don't do it now, it'll be in kindergarten when the bugs start passing. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2008