Speaking in tounges?

Does your church speak in tounges? What do you think about speaking in tounges?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 1:21 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• We believe the giftof tongues always has someone present who can understand what is being said. Usually it has the specific purpose of sharing the gospel in someone else's native tongue like when Peter taught, and everyone heard it in their native language.

Sometimes the gift comes quieter, as in someone learning another language with extraordinary speed and accuracy. A chinese girl once told me the only white guys she ever heard speak perfect Chinese were missionaries, and she was amazed that they only had two months of formal language training...the gift of tongues helped them teach her the gospel.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think it's a crock of Sh*t...

but that is just my own personal opinion.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have been to some that do and some that don't. I believe there are real instances and some fakers out there, but that goes along with anything in life.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:24 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my church doesnt practice it & i think most ppl are completely confused on what speaking in tongues really is, Biblically speaking. also, its too easy to fake.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Mine does not and I am not comfortable with it.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have not been to church in awhile and don't really identify with any particular denomination, but I have been to all kinds of churches. I am not comfortable with people speaking in tongues. I understand why they say they do it, but it makes no sense to me. If they are being filled with the Holy Spirit, why don't other churches do it? And why can the pastor "supposedly" interpret this message afterward?
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 1:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• oh and my Curch is nondenominational
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 1:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• its a prayer language from the HOLY GHOST church say HOLY GHOST is on you when you use it
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 1:36 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i use it not knowing when i pray sometimes (not trying to)
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 1:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my church does it I think its a beautiful gift for those that truly have it and it calms me when someone prays over me in tongues.
    Kinsleyttc

Answer by Kinsleyttc at 1:44 PM on May. 19, 2011