Mini-Me

Starting to see some funny expressions and mannerisms that my DS gets directly from us. He was talking on the phone to a friend of the family yesterday and he was pacing back and forth and holding the phone just like Daddy.

What little traits has your DS or DD picked up that are truly a chip off the old block.

hotelmom123

Asked by hotelmom123 at 1:47 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 6 year old DD has my attitude wicked bad lol. She makes many of the same facial expressions I do and looks exactly like me - except her eyes are more round and they're brown (mine are blue) and her skin tone is slightly darker (I swear she took all the Italian out of me because I'm Irish, Italian, Danish, Scottish and Norwegian - DH is Irish). My 5 year old DD is so much like her dad it's scary though she actually looks a lot like my brothers Damon and Connor. I now know how my mom felt all the times she'd tell me to stop acting like my dad when I was growing up (and as an adult I really can see how much I'm like my dad). My sons seem to have equal amounts of me and their dad in their facial expressions, personalities, and mannerisms.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:13 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I caught my 4 year-old DD twirling in the full-length mirror and then glancing over her shoulder to make sure the back of her clothes looked ok -- haha.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:09 PM on May. 19, 2011

• DD is just 18 months but she "talks" on the cell phone just like her daddy. What's funny is that when I actually put her on the phone for my mother to say hello, DD always has an amazed look on her face as though she's surprised to hear voices coming out of it! I guess she just thinks the phone is where her daddy talks but doesn't listen!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• he likes to be goofy , like me
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 3:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My son was one of those kids who would cry when he fell if you gasped or made a fuss even if he wasn't hurt. So we started to just look at him and say "Uh oh. Ollie go boom." Well he got a hold of the butter while I was putting laundry away and buttered the kitchen floor. I walked out and my feet shot out from under me and he looks at me and goes "Uh oh. Mommy go boom." I would've laughed if I wasn't in so much pain, but I laughed later. lol.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:01 PM on May. 19, 2011