Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Getting help

i posted on here this morning about going to a psych ward, after the comments I recieved, I found some numbers that take my insurance, for just a psychiatrists office, either they were for children, or the numbers no longer exist or they are not taking any patients, or I'd have to wait for weeks to get an appointment, and I still have nothing, what is your opinion of my checking in a a local hospital? I guess i'm just looking to talk to someone, tell them my symptoms, and have them perscribe me something, I just don't know what to do, and I would like to do something about it today, i can't cope, But I'm not suicidal or anything, so I shouldn't go to the ER? I have no clue about all of this.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

Answers (4)
  • If you go to a church, see if you can talk to your preacher, just a thought.

    Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

  • Hmmm There should be several doctor's within driving distance. Can you try googling the type of help your looking for with your city and state? Example: Psychiatrist Richmond Va

    Answer by yesmaam at 1:51 PM on May. 19, 2011

  • oh dear, please tell me you symptoms, you may be shocked that your have a vitamin deficiency or something even small as that...
    Tell me what's going on and how ur feeling?

    Answer by Esam at 2:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

  • Have you tried contacting a local crisis line in your area so that you can speak with someone who can help you sort out your feelings and emotions. It sounds like you are under a lot of pressure and are now feeling overwhelmed from it all. I'm not sure if you've seen a psychiatrist before, but unfortunately it can take several weeks sometimes just to see one for an appointment, so if you feel you need help now you may want to go the ER (better safe than sorry). If you do not know of any crisis lines off hand there's one in my area that will take calls from anywhere in the country, it's called Common Ground and the telephone number is 1-800-231-1127. Good luck and I hope you are able to find help ASAP.

    Answer by Shellbell001 at 6:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.