How can I lost weight properly when breastfeeding?

NurseKlein

Asked by NurseKlein at 1:50 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 1800 calories per day minimum, keep up your water, and exercise (just don't two two Iron Mans in a row). Weight Watchers has a GREAT plan.

And nine months on, minimum nine months off.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• When I was nursing my oldest son, I went on Weight Watchers nursing mother's program. I never felt hungry, my milk supply never changed, but I lost 45 pounds in about 5 months. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thank you
    NurseKlein

Comment by NurseKlein (original poster) at 1:57 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have always just focused on making sure I had enough nutritious food, and let the baby suck the fat right out like liposuction.

You definitely need to eat enough food, and don't want to crash diet...but I am betting eating to hunger and drinking to thirst is the way, oh centuries, of women did it before we had doctors telling us we weren't doing it right. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Weight Watchers has the best program for nursing moms. 1800 calories a day as a minimum is a misnomer -- it depends on everyone's body type and metabolism. 1800 calories may not work for one person to the next.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 4:36 PM on May. 19, 2011