When is it ok to......

Hey ladies. I left my husband a month ago for the way he was treating me and my son. My best friend wants me to travel to New York with him to see his daughter for the first time since she was born. hes been in afghanistan and his ex gf moved home when she got pregnant b/c he was over seas.. (this guy is my best friend nothing more) any ways.. on the way I have to pass through this town were my soulmate thing is (weve had this connection for 5 years and have never been together or anything its just like he knows me through and through) should i stop and see him or iss it too soon??

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 1:54 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• sure go ahead, just don't confuse your son
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Stop and see him AS A FRIEND. That's ALL.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yep stop and see him as a friend. Have lunch or something. Then move along.

Answer by gemgem at 1:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Stop and see him as a friend...I'm assuming you wouldnt meet for the first time and start making out anyways...but ya never know...and if you think this may happen then leave your son with your friend somewhere...but no harm in meeting up with him for lunch or something
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I know in my case, I started leaving long before I left. I would have no qualms about stopping by and visiting my friend. As such, I'm not sure what difference it makes whether you take your son or not. Depends on how old he is. Actually, I'm not even sure that matters. It's not any different than you having lunch with any other friend, as far as he's concerned. (just assuming it's lunch for simplicities sake)

swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 4:51 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would stop to see him it doesn't hurt to talk.
    5heartbeats

Answer by 5heartbeats at 6:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I live in ga. and im going to new york for a week with my best friend josh. and my son is staying with my mother for that week b/c he is only 23 months old and wouldnt like the trip to well. i want to stop by im doing it as a friend. and see where it goes down the road.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on May. 21, 2011