Does anyone else cut their kids hair at home? How do you do it?

HollyBoBolly

Asked by HollyBoBolly at 1:56 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I do for both of my children. Thanks to YouTube I've learned to cut their hair. Very instructive videos!
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I always cut my girls' hair at home. I just used a pair of hair scissors.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:00 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, I cut my husband's hair and both of my sons' hair. My husband cuts my hair, too. It's just so much easier to do it at home! I guess I just sort of taught myself. I started doing it when my oldest was about 2 years old and the first couple of cuts probably weren't that great, but I'm really good at it now.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Hair clippers

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i tried it once when my oldest was about two messed up really bad never doing that again he is 5 now
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 2:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My SO buzzes our 2 year olds head lol..every couple of months and he does ok. Sometimes he will get irritated an want to get up, but I just tell him to be still and we will watch Nemo lol..works everytime. Now if I had a girl, I would take her somewhere...I wouldnt trust myself with that task lol
    Nathonsmama

Answer by Nathonsmama at 2:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• As a professional, not everyone can just cut hair. I have had more parents come in after jacking up their own kids hair trying to save some money. Trimming yes, but a full blown haircut I wouldn't suggest it. I have been cutting my kids hair for years now, and it's not that simple for me to get a decent haircut in.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i did but then i am a Hair stylist so it isn't quite the same
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 2:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I cut my kids hair , thanks to youtube , I also cut my own and my husbands , the only one that does not get her hair cut by me is my 17 yr old daughter cuz she says she'd rather die , so I told her do something extra for mom and I don't mind paying for it and she does she will clean my room. or do some extra laundry for me and run erands to the store for me.
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 2:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I do my LP's and both our daughters. It isn't anything too complex though. Just long with very mild layering. My grandma is a beautician though, so after watching her do it a couple times, she told me I could easily do it at home, and I did.

That said, my daughter cut a giant block of hair out of the middle of her forehead once and I had to do awful bangs on her to even out what she had done and hope they grew fast...yeah...she told everyone "mommy cut my bangs" and I thought I would die of embarrassment...no kid...I did not just up and decide to give you mohawk bangs. sure didn't. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:17 PM on May. 19, 2011