How much of your child's work of school do you want to cherish?

You know like in Kindergarten. If you keep too much it will look too cluttery. Just alot of paper.

What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My husbands mother kept EVERYTHING of his from school...It was a HUGE trunk full of crap...I keep a few things that I cant get rid of...but I really dont think there is a need to keep everything.
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 12:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• my mom got folders with each of our names on it for each grade...i think she stoped at 6th and was very picky and choosiesy after that.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Get one of those rubbermaid under the bed containers. I had several of those for myself. My mom gave me what she kept, and I kept ALL my writing, and ALL my high school binders - in case I needed them in college, which I did. I didn't throw any of it away till I graduated from college, and then once I had to move cross country and ship everything I really went through and got rid of what I didn't want to use again and what I didn't feel was worth keeping. For now, all my stepson's K stuff goes in a regular box. I may be pickier when he's in first and beyond, but will save all writing, drawings, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I go through and keep firsts ie.. first spelling test, also art work. My mom lives out of state so I send her really some of the really cute stuff too. I have a folder in my file cabinate that I keep report cards, any kind of award letter etc.. in. No way I could save everything, he comes home every friday with a back pack full of papers etc.. lol.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 9:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Kindergarten papers,I kept every one at first,then realized it was too much paper...so I went thru & only kept the art projects & his 1st days homework & his last days homework...this helped clean out most of the paper stuff & now I've started doing it with him in 1st grade...I praise him on the work he has done & then I tell him that I'm keeping the extra special projects & hes happy with it & also theres not so much paper around
    amanda2780

Answer by amanda2780 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• teehee! My husband just got the Christmas stuff out of the attic and one of the boxes he had to move was full of papers (daily reports from daycare and he's almost 8!). For a while in school I was keeping pretty much everyhting and recently started having him going through it to keep what he wanted. Kindergarten I kept everything it seemed, but I'm a packrat. I also read in a magazine a mom suggested getting a pizza box from a local pizzeria and let them decorate it so they can put their treasures in it. My son really liked that idea and it has cut down on the mess a good bit
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I only keep my kids mothers day cards. Anything with hand and feet print and pic's of them glued on to things. As for school art I just put it up on the fridge n change it every week. But if it's something that is like wow I can't believe they came up with this idea. Then it's a keeper!
    2soon

Answer by 2soon at 2:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008