My doctor told me to take daily baths to help my stitches dissolve

I only have time for a short 10min one in the morning while hubby watches our newborn. I was wondering how many of you took baths and when you noticed that your stitches had dissolved? She said they'd most definitely be gone by my 6wk appointment if I did the 1-2 baths a day thing, but I'm hoping it won't take that long.

ours

Asked by ours at 2:07 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Doesn't the baby nap at all? Do it then. Or put baby in some sort of carrier right next to the tub.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I never took a bath for my stitches to dissolve and I had a 3rd degree tear. They actually told me NOT to take a bath.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

• The one a day is enough for me. Plus if I get extra time I'd rather spend it with my son or getting something around the house done.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 2:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I know my doctor had me doing sitz bath and my stitches dissolved pretty quickly. It was warm water and iodine and I would sit in 2-3 times a day until the water got cool. Congrats on your baby!

babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:12 PM on May. 19, 2011

• babygirl0782 - Thank you. :] Do you think 10mins is enough? It seems like it'd take a long time for the water to get cold, especially since it's summer. I don't really want to be spending THAT much time in the bath haha.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 2:14 PM on May. 19, 2011

• 10 minutes should be enough. If you get sore don there it is a life saver! Sounds weird but after my bath I would get my hair dryer and blow down there to properly dry the stitches, but then again I had 3rd degree tears.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:19 PM on May. 19, 2011