Have you had your appendix removed?

I had to have mine removed back in November. my DH was out of town working, my DS was living out of state going to school, and my DD was at home with her 3 kids. So i drove myself to the hospital. thank god the hospital is only about 5 mins away from my house. my question is though did you get an infection in the incision?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 2:19 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• I got it out when I was 16. I remember having Minor problems afterwards with healing but nothing terrible
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, I was 9 and hospitalized for a week.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had mine removed the night my 1st son was born, c-section. The surgeon who did my surgery told me he routinely removed appendix with c-sections, because once the appendix is exposed to air, it has to come out. Never heard that before,and haven't heard it since, but he went ahead and did it. Didn't even charge for it. At least I've never had to worry about it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I got mine done in 06...I remember it took forever to not be sore...like over a month,but I did not get an infection...if you got it done in Nov. the incision should already be healed though so an infection in the incision would not be possible.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:24 PM on May. 19, 2011

• What a quack dr. cbk mom3...I had 2 c-sec and never heard that 1 before...and my friend has had 3 and still has her appendix

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree, happymama02. As I said, I'd never heard of it before or since. Not sure why he did it, to be honest. He was a wierdo anyway. He told my ex-hubby to next time make sure the emergency was in the day time, not at dinnertime on a Friday night! Um, ok, yeah, I'll just note that, so the next time I'm in labor for 21 hours with a baby that's transverse across the birth canal, to not interrupt his dinner! He really had no sympathy whatsoever, and I was so glad when I didn't have to see him after my 6 week checkup! I made sure to change doctors with my next baby, from a GP to an OB-GYN.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• never had it removed...sorry.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 8:50 PM on May. 20, 2011