It seems like everytime I paint my nails, its chipped withint the next day. How can I get it to last longer? Ive tried all types of brands.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 2:24 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'm looking for the same answer - nail polish never stays on my finger nails, but it will stay on my toenails. Sometimes, i can even peel the polish right off my fingernails.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Exactly my issue Fawn!
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Use a good quality base coat and top coat. I like OPI's natural nail base coat and clear top coat. My polish lasts for about a week.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My trick is to buff the nail before and in between coats... I use a clear coat on the last one which snaps the color back... I also like opi products...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 2:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I use OPI and love it. Im going to try buffing them and then adding a base coat and top coat. Thank you for your suggestions! I am a bridesmaid in a wedding the day after tomorrow and cannot get my nails done because I am allergic to the white powder that turns into the hard nail part so I am going to paint my natural nails to match what the bride wants and am needing them to last.
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Get a quick drying top coat and apply it once or twice a day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with using OPI and I always use a good base coat and top coat as well. Mine lasts about a week.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:40 PM on May. 19, 2011

• quick clear coat, color, top coat, top coat, top coat every day or after you know they've been through hell. dishes, cleaning, yard work, shower, lots of typing... and a clear coat can be as quick as a few minutes since it's not as noticable and you just need a couple of minutes to be sure it dries
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 9:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Buffing, a good base coat and top coat, and make sure you're pushing back and cutting your cuticles that way it'll look fresher a little longer as well, top coat often.
    musicspeak4me

Answer by musicspeak4me at 4:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Base and top coat - as JJK posts.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:02 PM on May. 20, 2011