Laundry question

My dh is very tall. We try not to by tall clothes for him because they cost alot more. So he just buys x-large shirts and I hang them up to air dry. They are always wrinkled. My question is if I throw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes to get wrinkles out, will they draw up any? I really hate ironing.

RelaxedMom2-3

Asked by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:40 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Spray them with wrinkle release and you don't have to use the dryer. Another alternative would be to throw a damp washcloth in the dryer with the shirt and put your dryer on a fluff dry setting.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, it's made by downy

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have 2 sons and a husband that all wear dress shirts and the Downy Wrinkle Releaser is a God send no matter if you air dry or use a dryer !
    musicspeak4me

Answer by musicspeak4me at 10:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would think that as long as you pull them out and they are still damp, you would be okay.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:43 PM on May. 19, 2011

• @scout mom- I never have used a wrinkle release. Can you get it at any store?
    RelaxedMom2-3

Comment by RelaxedMom2-3 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yeah, I only airdry my shirts too because I don't want them to shrink, and they come out of the washer so wrinkled it's ridiculous. I too hate ironing so the crap just stacks up till I need it. Interested in all the answers you get....
    Anonymous

• Thanks scout mom!!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Comment by RelaxedMom2-3 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Natural fiber cloths will shrink a little when exposed to heat, therefore buy poly-blended fabrics or dry w/out heat.
    Partouzard

Answer by Partouzard at 2:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I usually throw stuff I want unwrinkled in the dryer with a wet towel. I wouldn't think it would shrink it but I'm not sure.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 3:18 PM on May. 19, 2011

• If you put them in the dryer with a damp cloth the wrinkles will come out.
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:21 PM on May. 19, 2011