My gut feeling

My daughters father and I have split custody of our 7 month old daughter.I'm starting to fear that she is being emotionally abused by her dad. I brought her to her dads Sunday and picked her up yesterday. She was very happy and full of smiles when I left Sunday but no smiles yesterday when I picked her up. We came home and I started to see a change in her. She is very clingy to me she striving for attention doesn't want me to leave her and when I put her to sleep last night she cried until I picked her back up then fell asleep in my arms all night it's not just me that notices this change it's her grandparent also

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have a reason to believe he would do this? I mean, is this his normal personality? Was he like that towards you?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• With a sudden change in behavior THAT drastic, I would be thankful if it's ONLY emotional abuse. Take her to the dr and explain this... They will check her out.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 2:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• She's a baby. Can she really be emotionally abused at that age?
    Anonymous

• He had me removed from the house saying lies that I was beating him. He told me he doesn't have patience for a kids after she was born. He always has put her in her bed when he didn't want to be bothered and closed the door so he wouldn't hear her screaming. There has been many to times when I went to work I came home and her diaper was leaking on her and bed. He has also yelled at her telling her to shut up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:55 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Ok so why is she with him if he admits to not wanting to care for her OR even be a father?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• HELLO!!! Why does he have her at all then? I ask after reading your answer. Contact the doc then lawyer.
    Anonymous

• He won't tell anyone that except me. I think he uses her more as a pawn or trophy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have already talked to a lawyer and I have to have money upfront. I'm currently living at his moms house trying to get back on my feet. So that when we go to court he don't have nothing to use against me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Is there a battered women's organization in your area? They can help you get a lawyer. He is NEGLECTING this child.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:45 PM on May. 19, 2011