Imagination is sin?

I was browsing youtube and came across a series of videoes talking about how imagination is sin HOW IS THAT?!

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:53 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I imagine that was weird to watch. Whoops!! Did I just sin?
    Anonymous

• that's just ridiculous in my opinion...some people get the craziest ideas! I don't understand how they could possibly be sinful...I've always considered it a good thing. I'm very interested to see what others have to say about this.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• When your religion starts dictating what you should be thinking, RUN!!!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I can understand some people thinking that imagining, say, sexual fantasies with someone other than your spouse, is sinful. Or imagining harming someone you don't like, or imagining something like witchcraft, lol.... I don't really believe in "sin', though, even if I can see where some people could claim what we imagine is "sinful", if that makes sense.... ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• LMAO anon!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Whoops, I'm in trouble. I had a really vivid dream of Johnny D last night!..
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 3:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• What you imagine can be sin, but imagination is not inherently sinful. Lust and greed are both sins and they take place in the imagination.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 3:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I tend to agree with Eilish on this one. We can think/imagine some pretty messed up stuff, but at the same time we can imagine many innocent and wonderful things. It imagination in and of itself is not a sin. For somebody to blindly label it as such is ludacris in my opinion.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i imagine myself 5'4" 120lbs and married to a rock star... what sin would that fall under...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 4:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Not in my religion--thank God!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:15 PM on May. 19, 2011