Did your husband or partner offer any input about breastfeeding?

Did he say anything about whether or not you should do it? Nursing in public? How long you should nurse? Or did he just let you do your own thing? Did you take what he had to say into consideration?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband said nothing. I nursed. The only time he said something was when we were on a plane and I was planing to nurse. He ran into a work friend on the plane. He said "Don't nurse!" I didn't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He wants me to BF for at least a year...I'm taking his desire into consideration but we'll see what happens when those teeth show up lol...other then that he doesnt care one way or the other
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• no
    ShaunaP83

Answer by ShaunaP83 at 2:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No, DH deferred to me on really early parenting choices...he felt I knew better. :) He's an excellent dad but he trusted me when I said something was best for the baby.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No he was just very supportive.
    Anonymous

• No, my husband was supportive, but he didn't try to tell me what to do.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He encouraged me to keep going when I wanted to quit, tried to cover me the first time I nursed in public, and agreed with me that the covering attempt attracted more attention than NOT covering would have... and then really didn't notice a thing!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No, he left that one up to me.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• DH was supportive of the idea of breast feeding but when my milk never came in and we had to resort to bottle feeding, he embraced that change too.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He is the reason I nursed my kids. I'd given up, came home from the hospital with DD on formula at 2 or 3 days old, and at 5 days old, when she was crying inconsolably, he gently suggested giving it one last try. And from there, there was no looking back.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:56 PM on May. 19, 2011