If someone else whos in the same family as u and is due before u happened to pick out the same name for their bebe as u did should u change ur name or not?

i had kept the name i picked out a secrect for thys reason then one day asked wat names she was thinking of n was disapointed to hear the same two i had picked for my boy. needless to say she is due before me and dosent even no wat she is having yet wat should i do? i just keep praying she has a girl.

jt2008eli2011

Asked by jt2008eli2011 at 2:57 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Baby Names

• How close are you 2? I name my DD hailey,knowing there ws a Hailey in my ex's family...but I had never met the girl...I dont think it's a big deal..tlk to her about it first and see what she thinks
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would probably pick out a backup name just in case she has a boy and uses the name. I have thrown out names that I really liked, because there were family members on my hubby's side that were already named them. That is just me though, and what I think would be best received by our families. Nobody can tell you what is the right thing for you and your family in a case like this.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:18 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would just talk to her and see what she has to say about it. and like smcbride said nobody can tell you what's best for you. I would pick a different name but that is just me.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• tell her to keep a secret and tell her you were already set on a certain name. if it's down to a couple of names, see if you can go with one and she goes with the other. OR, don't worry about it. alot of people have the same name. remember your romeo and juliet, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose? By any other name would smell as sweet."
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 8:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would still keep the name if that's the name you really wanted why not, you can always add another name to it to make it different like for example if you both picked shawn you can name him sean alexander or make that name his middle name
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• * if it doesn't bother you then, NO ! But, if you see these relatives alot then maybe you should for the sake of confusion, LOL. * btw, i would be super mad at that relative, especially if she knew you wanted it & also, if you were really in love with the name ! grrr, makes me mad for you, LOL. like i said tho, if you don't LOVE LOVE LOVE the name then change it, if you do then KEEP IT ! :) good luck.

btw, what was the name ?
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 2:12 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Talk to her about it. If you don't care and neither does she, then don't worry about it. If you don't like, then switch the name around. Use it as a middle name instead. If it were me, I'd still name my kid what I wanted to but I'd tell her that I also have that name picked out and I'm still using it because that's what I've had my heart set on.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• no i wouldnt change it at all i would go with what u want :)
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:17 PM on May. 27, 2011