For parents with children who have eczema, what soaps seem to work the best for you?

My son has severe eczema, and to me using special soaps doesn't seem to make a difference. But I would like to know if any of you have seen a difference by swtiching soaps.

thatgrlkels

Asked by thatgrlkels at 2:58 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Kids' Health

• We use the Kiss My Face olive oil soap ... it only has 3 ingredients (water, olive oil, and salt), none of which are irritants to the skin. You should also make sure your child's shampoo and other prodcuts are free of petrochemicals, parabens, SLSs, phthalates, etc.; these all irritate the skin. Note that many Rx creams (like Elidel) are known to cause cancer and many OTC products, even those meant to treat eczema, have ingredients known to exacerbate the condition.

Also, try avoiding dairy; it is a huge culprit in eczema flare-ups. And since eczema is inflammation, it is important to treat from the inside. Make sure your child is getting a good quality probiotic and oils (omega, evening primrose, or borage) on a daily basis.
    Anonymous

• My sons is slight so I am lucky but I use california Baby fragerance free, everything free
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my son has eczema and i use regular johnsons baby soap dosent seem to bother hys skin and also aveno carries a soap for babys with eczema as well witch works good for my son n may work for u as well.
    jt2008eli2011

Answer by jt2008eli2011 at 3:02 PM on May. 19, 2011