Crockpot ideas

I'm making a roast in the Crockpot, but I need some ideas to zest it up a little, I have really simple tastes (roast, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic salt and pepper) what are some seasonings or veggies to change it up a little bit? Would cabbage be good in it?

kyuteangl88

Asked by kyuteangl88 at 3:04 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The cabbage will add a strong flavor--add it only if you are wanting that kind of an addition. I like adding a packet of french onion soupmix when I make a roast. However, what you've described sounds delicious!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:13 PM on May. 19, 2011

• 3-5 lb. roast (beef)
    1 onion
    5 or 6 large carrots, peeled
    4 or 5 potatoes
    1/2 lb. fresh green beans (optional)
    1 pkg. McCormick pot roast or beef stew seasoning
    1 pkg. Sazon seasoning
    1/2 cup catchup
    1 cup water
    small can of diced tomatoes (optional)

Chop onion and place in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle some flour on the onion. Add some butter (1-2 tablespoons) and sauté until soft. Then place roast on top of onion. Mix McCormick seasoning with water and pour over roast. Add ketchup and Sazon. Stir. Cover and leave on high. Cut up potatoes and carrots and add to pot. Turn on low and cook for 6 or more hours.

I normally don't use the tomatoes.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 6:10 PM on May. 21, 2011