Cheating

What makes men cheat? Even when they are happy in their relationship, they still seem to stray...I was recently cheated on (married for 6 years with two boys) I ask him why, and he cannot give me an honest answer...does it make them feel better about themselves?

MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Asked by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 12:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• My ex husband told me that he wanted the excitement and the adrenaline rush of another woman and going behind my back and getting away with it. I believe his story.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• sometimes it's mere opportunity or curiosity. Sometimes it's because they reach point in their life where they wonder if they really want to be with one woman. Many men cheat and feel guilty and never do it again. Many marriages can grow stronger from it. There are men who do it for a fling out of boredom (I guess), some are serial cheaters and do it out of sexual addiction. Some do it out of anger toward their wife (for trapping them into a marriage they are unhappy in). Like girlneffy said, some for excitement and adrenaline rush. There are many reasons. Only he can tell you his reason. My h cheated and when I asked why he said "because he could". Needless to say he's no longer my h!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My answer is simple... for the same reasons that women cheat
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i agree with girlneffy

btw please dont categorize all men together they are not all cheaters
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Almost all men who cheat do it because something is missing in their relationships. Most women change when they get married, or have been married for a while. They get comfortable. They don't try anymore. They use sex as a weapon, keeping it away when their husband doesn't do what they're told. Or as a tool to get something they want. It becomes a chore. They stop taking care of themselves. Their husband and his wants and needs is no longer a priority to her. She's too tired, she has no time, blah blah. Or she turns into his mother. Allowing or not allowing him to talk to his friends or go places when he wants to. Allow him ???? She is his wife not his mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Cont'
    Men want and need the attention and excitement like you had in the beginning of the relationship. And in turn the women get it too. Why some women just let that go I'll never understand. Men want the women they fell in love with. The one who cared what she looked like. Who cared about what he had to say. The one who worked on making him happy. Not the frumpy female sitting in sweats on the couch weighing 50lbs more who doesn't even bother to do her hair anymore. Who only gives it to him when it benefits her. And then sits on that couch wondering why he cheated.

Having children is no excuse.
    Anonymous