Do you ever turn up the AC to help your kids go to sleep.?

I saw a question about this and some people thought DSS needed to be called. Because it was mean. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's mean, more like crazy.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:12 PM on May. 19, 2011

• lmao. I turn it up so **I** can sleep...why is that torture for a child. I sleep so much better when I am breathing cold air from under a warm blanket. I am perfectly willing to spend the extra money for that comfort too, and I am a cheapskate on a lot of things.

What exactly are they going to tell the worker? She air conditions her house at night? LOL.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:14 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't get why it's bad. But no, I've never done that. We are cheap!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No, they have a little fan in their rooms where they can't reach it and I turn that on if it gets too hot and it works pretty well. If they want to do that then I say let them but thats not a reason to turn them in to CPS.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I can't sleep with cold air. I will actually get a cold if I breath in cold air while I'm sleeping. I think my kids are the same way as well.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:37 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We turn ours down every night...we keep it at 75 during the day and drop it down to 71-72 at night cause it allows all of us to sleep better. If we don't turn it down, my DS wakes up all sweaty from being too hot...my DH and I are the same way. That calling DSS stuff is just stupid, why would they care, some people are so silly IMO.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Crazy, no. It's hard to sleep when you're hot. I turn it down so I can - I like to be able to cuddle under the covers, not laying there sweating under a sheet.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• keeping your house colder by way of AC
    is now something to call CPS

wow, better not talk about giving my child a cold glass of milk
    or a warm glass of milk!!
    call CPS
    child is drinking warm milk with the AC on
    Anonymous