Am I alone?? or do other mothers feel this way?? is it common?

I had my LO 2 1/2 years ago..I also breastfed for a full 12 months. I barely made it the 12 months..I was losing too much weight (back to a healthy weight now though) and was hardly ever hungry (forced myself to eat for the sake of the breastfeeding) I felt fairly healthy during the pregnancy..its like that full year of nursing took the rest of everything I had. I just havent felt the same since I had my LO. Before pregnancy and nursing I felt normal and pretty healthy...but now after all that I just dont ever feel "healthy" or myself...Im always so tired and I hate it....Is it normal to not feel as healthy as you did before kids?? I feel like all that took all my nutrients and health! lol is that crazy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have felt the same way buntil recently. I finally went to my primary and told her, "I am no longer pregnant, breastfeeding, or sleep deprived, and I still feel terrible. We did some labs, and my vitamins and some hormones are out of whack, so I am on special supplementation.

It is worth some labs to see what is going on. Having kids can really tax your system.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:17 PM on May. 19, 2011

• thats probably a good idea...what vitamins were you deficient in? I feel like mine must be iron and zinc for sure
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I was, actually, very very low on Vitamin D and DHEA. Both of those can make you exhausted. I have always taken a multi-vite daily, so I don't know why those are so out of whack.

We also found that my thyroid is beginning to show some issues.

So, my doctor has me on 3000 mg of vit D and 25mg DHEA. I go for lab rechecks every 3 months.

The DHEA is a hormone from the adrenals . . . . the adrenal glands sometimes gets taxed with childbearing.

The vitamins are helping alot.

I hope you find something that helps you mama!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:26 PM on May. 19, 2011