Am I alone?? or do other mothers feel this way?? is it common?

I had my LO 2 1/2 years ago..I also breastfed for a full 12 months. I barely made it the 12 months..I was losing too much weight (back to a healthy weight now though) and was hardly ever hungry (forced myself to eat for the sake of the breastfeeding) I felt fairly healthy during the pregnancy..its like that full year of nursing took the rest of everything I had. I just havent felt the same since I had my LO. Before pregnancy and nursing I felt normal and pretty healthy...but now after all that I just dont ever feel "healthy" or myself...Im always so tired and I hate it....Is it normal to not feel as healthy as you did before kids?? I feel like all that took all my nutrients and health! lol is that crazy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think Parenting takes a lot more energy, the stress, the worry, the discipline, the caring for another little life everything -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:17 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It does take a ot out of you to carry a child and nurse...if you were underweight evenmore so...you calorie cunsumtion should have been higher then the average woman...with healthy foods of course...are you still taking a mulit vitamin of some osrt? your tiredness could be low iron...have you been checked by a dr.? if not you need to
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• yea I think its normal , becuase pregnacy takes alot out of you, the teeth , bones , seems like your back hurts more , you have no energy its alot ,,, just try to pay attention to what is going on if you let it go for to long thats when it becomes a prob
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 3:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Parenting does a number on one's health. And unfortunately Father Time gets in his licks as well!

That said: It's actually NOT a normal symptom of nursing to go through what you did. Did you ever get some tests run? Full panel, thyroid, iron, the works. There may be something going on that you've missed because you thought breastfeeding was to blame. Get a full checkup; you don't want to find that something serious was let go too long.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• the doctor didnt seem worried, she told me I wasnt eating enough calories to keep up with the breastfeeding which she was probably right. I was just so stressed out because I was all alone (my hubby was deployed) and EVERYTHING under the sun went wrong so I was a stressed out mess and it made me lose my appetite..I HATED eating, but I had to force myself for the babies sake and my own of course...but things got better after DH came home (which was 3 months after I stopped nursing) and even before that they were improving..but when he got home it really helped because I wasnt so stressed out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• all of the stress you are describing is more than enough to reduce your health too. how are you coping with your stress? can you do yoga? go for a run? sip some wine with the girls? are you eating well? sleeping well? you really do need to take good care of yourself, and you will find that then you can cope with your stress even better!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It was a year and a half after I had my first that I started to feel marginally recovered. It takes time.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 7:06 AM on May. 21, 2011