Any tips for walking in high heels?

I want to wear some really high heels to my cousins wedding in 2 1/2 weeks. I have some, the problem is I don't know how to walk in them... I am very wabbly and can't keep my balance. Anyone have any tips for a crash corse in heels?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 3:18 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1y1NUWjoW4 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a141Kwmkjk . Until you're experienced at wearing heels, I suggest open-toes or peep-toes, with a back, and nothing that you have to buckle, so you can slip in and out of them easily.
    Shell1960

Answer by Shell1960 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2011

• Practice and take short steps. Make sure that you get comfy in them starting today as standing in them will be killer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Practice practice practice... and then bring a pair of flat slippers for when your feet are killing you!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:57 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It helped me if if I took small strides and walked slower.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, practice, take small steps. I find that I do better when I kind of walk on my toes (rather than heels) and kind of shift my balance forward a little.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:30 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Lots of practice. When I get new heels I walk around the house in them to break them in.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Gosh, idk. I've been walking in high heels since I was 12 and I never had any problem. I guess just keep practicing.
    Anonymous

• yeah...practice...

I see so many women trying to walk in high heels & they just look goofy. If you're leading with your knee when your leg strides forward & your leg is slightly bent, you're not walking in heels right. Your heel should come out further than the knee & your leg should be straight, not bent with the knee leading when taking a stride.

I hope that makes sense....

I use to model when i was a teen, they taught us how to walk properly in heels.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:38 PM on May. 19, 2011

• heal toe. heal toe.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 4:48 PM on May. 19, 2011