When you have to track down your babysitter... i think it is time to find a new babysitter ...

My husbands cousin watches my younger son whenever I need a break or I want to do something. Last night I hardly got any sleep so I kept trying to call and text her and so did my husband.... no answer... i tried to call my mother in law and she didnt know where she was either...

Around 11 I decided to just take the kid to my moms.... I stop at a light and guess what - there she is in a drive thru on her cell phone !!!! Meaning she was ignoring my texts ...

yeah, she just lost her job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• First of all she should have answered and just said no if she couldn't. Do you really expect her to just dropped what she's doing everytime you call for her at a moments notice?
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Is she looking for another job?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Somehow, I doubt it's her loss.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• So you decided at 11 at night, that you wanted her to baby sit? I think you are in the wrong on this one...She is your babysitter, not your live in nanny...she is not at your beck and call.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 3:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• While I think she should have at least answered to say she couldn't watch your child. I also think you are overreacting.
    Anonymous

• Well if she was just watching your LO occasionally then I wouldn't completely write her off. But if it's understood that on Monday, wednesday, friday she is going to watch your LO and then doesnt show or answer, then ya it's time to get a new one.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• If I am wrong about the circumstances, please correct me.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 3:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Was she supposd to be there or do you just call her and she comes in? You can't expect her to be on call 24/7 and to drop whatever she was doing to come babysit at a moments notice. Maybe she was in the middle of something and couldn't get back to you.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• was this 11 am or pm? when you took the kids to your moms, how old is this cousin?
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 3:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• There are so many things wrong with this, I don't know where to start. You weren't get any sleep last night, so you started calling her to sit? So, during sleeping hours, you just decided you needed to rid yourseld of "the kid", and expected her to be at your beck and call?

Yeah, I wouldn't answer your calls/texts either.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:37 PM on May. 19, 2011