Trying to start home day care need help

we rent a two bedroom half of a duplex. we have section 8. i want to have a home day care. i have 2 of my own children, so i can only have 4 more children. my landlord is concerned about beng held liable if something happens. so i said how about putting an addendum to the lease or just writing up some kind of contract to get her out of it. she is also worried about using more water, which isn't going to change too much. i want to do this very bad but don't know how to get her on board. any ideas?

thank you for your answer. i already know how to start, talk to parents, be paid on time and stuff like that. my only issue is my landlord.

AnitaB27

Asked by AnitaB27 at 3:28 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• not sure how to get her on board. i think a contract or addendum is a good idea. for you, i would reccomend you get paid at beginning of the week for the whole week. be sure you are clear with your parents about your rules on being late for pick-ups etc...Just speaking from experience.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It is the landlord's property and is she says "no go" then you can't do it.

You don't not want to be held personally liable for any accidents, etc. Do not amend the lease.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You need to look into additional liability insurance you would need and what the local laws are about taking care of children in your home also
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:08 PM on May. 19, 2011