Home made food

I am thinking about going all natural with baby food, I am considering making it all myself. I am not sure on how to do it he is not old enough yet and I do breast feed. So what are some ideas and experience. I am not all natural mom I do use diapers and such I am just trying to do things a little different as this is #3 and I am older so I do have more patients with doing new things.

AbbeyKAy

Asked by AbbeyKAy at 3:32 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I never tried that. Maybe try googling homeade baby food. See if you get some info that way.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It's easy. Cut into small pieces, cook, and make it mushy. Wholesomebabyfood.com has some good ideas.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Our daughter has done it. She would bake sweet potatoes, mash them and freeze them in small portions. She also steamed carrots and broccoli and mashed them and frozen. She even made her own apple sauce. It's easy to do, just time consuming.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would ,,, when I had my first two and I stayed home I would make them food , and they just came out with the babybullet or whatever look it up it makes babyfood . its that purifier for adults to make smoothies or puriefied foods but they came out with the baby one just saw the infomercial last night and they give you little containers to save them in
    barrerajuls

Answer by barrerajuls at 3:43 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Its very easy to do. I just started with my daughter. I got a cook book from my grandma and its all a certain veggie or fruit and water mixed in. You just clean the veggie/fruit, cut up, steam and mash. Viola!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 4:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• also, all you really need are a blender, and ice cube trays to store the perfect portion amount
    cailynsmommy626

• Cook the food (vegetables need to be cooked; a lot of fruits don't) and puree for smaller babies. I use the Magic Bullet and it works really well. I add formula to make it the right consistency, but you can also use water or breast milk. Then, freeze in ice cube trays. Freezing it that way makes the perfect portion size for your baby. As your baby gets older, you can start leaving it a little chunkier. Neither of my kids have ever had jarred baby food. You can use fresh or frozen.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:06 PM on May. 19, 2011