How can I keep a cheap necklace from turning green???

My daughter gave me a beautiful necklace for mother's day. She's only 10 and saved up $20 to buy me one. However it's trying to turn green, and I really want to keep it and wear it often, but I can't because of a green neck. So is there anyway to keep it from turning?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 3:35 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Shopping

• Nothing can keep it from turning.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:36 PM on May. 19, 2011

• buy a better chain for it,she'll never know

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:36 PM on May. 19, 2011

• put clear nail polish on it...thats what I use to do with my cheap rings and it kept my fingers from turning green
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:37 PM on May. 19, 2011

• sdks2011 is right clear nail polish is what I did also when I was younger with rings....if it is silver colour maybe get a silver matching chain so you can just clean it....but I know its not the same then : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You can use a metal cleaner on it ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• SDKS2011 is correct. Clear nail polish does work. I had this really cute gold 'toned' ring that I got from AVON and heard about the nail polish. The color never faded.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 5:10 PM on May. 24, 2011