How long before your baby was born did you have their name picked out?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 3:36 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• We decided about a month before he was born

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:38 PM on May. 19, 2011

• With the first two boys we had the name picked around 7 months. With our third son, we didn't have a name until he was 3 days old.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:38 PM on May. 19, 2011

• LOL_ before I was even pregnant I knew the girl's name I would use, at least the first name. It's a family name that I love so I had known for a few years that I would use it for a girl should I ever have one. The middle name took me a while, but DH's grandmother passed away when I was 7 months pregnant and her name was one of our middle name options so we decided to use that to honor her. I never had any idea what name I would use for a boy, and still don't. Nor do I know what I would use for another girl so I guess if I have a second I am going to have to get down to business and make some picks.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• With my first, I didn't decide on a name until about a week before he was born. With my second, I knew exactly what it was going to be as soon as I found out I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I honeslty don't even remember lol. It was several months before but I can't remember if we already had a boy name picked out when we found out the sex or not. I remember having a girl name I liked but we never completely decided on it and didn't have to, but I can't remember when we fully agreed on his name.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:55 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We picked our oldest son's name about two weeks after I knew I was pregnant with him, so at 6 weeks pregnant. We picked our youngest son's name before I was ever pregnant.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:57 PM on May. 19, 2011