How did your significant other react

their 1st child only!! this is a very important part. how did he react, interact, respond, deal etc with his 1st born child? i'm asking if its your child with him, not his 1st child with someone else. also very important part.

examples: when he came home from work was the baby the first thin he wanted to do and did? would he get on computer 1st, eat shower or whatever before getting baby? did he change diapers, give baths?

AnitaB27

Asked by AnitaB27 at 3:43 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• He was afraid to pick him up lol! he'd have me pick him up and place him in his arms.
    Those 2 have always been buddies. its so cute.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think my husband was more excited than I was. He had never even been around a baby before, but he was a very hands on daddy right from the first day. He is, until this day, interested in everything our children and grandchildren do, and actively participates whenever he possibly can.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He was extremely involved. He is one of those people that love love love babies. Anywhere we are he has to say hello to any babies. His mom ran a home daycare when he was growing up and he was the one who could pick up any crying baby and soothe them instantly. He has that magic touch. I call it the Grandma Gene. You know how grandmas are always so awesome with babies. I have an amazing husband.
    Anonymous

• He was great. Neither of us had any experience with babies but he caught on quicker and had way more patience than I did! He took to our son very well. There was a few times I even cried because I felt like he was a better father than I was a mother lol. Hormones..
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He doted on our little girl & she still has her daddy wrapped around her little finger! (she's 9 y/o now) :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:54 PM on May. 19, 2011

• DH was an older 1st time dad (53 when DD was born!) and hadn't spent much time around newborns. He was much more hands on than I thought he'd be (except when it came to changing dirty diapers!--though he even did a few of them, LOL!) and really enjoys the time spent with our now 18 month old!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my very first baby and my first husband well he worked from 5 pm to 1 am so he got the baby from 1:15 am until 7 am and then he went to bed for the day. He was hands on for about the first 4 months and then he lost interest for the most part and it lead to me throwing him out for a year.

my current husband has 2 kids 20 years apart and by different women. So when we had our son his daughter was 20 and my daughters were almost teens so it was like the first time all over again and he was so new at it, he was overly protective, ( we bought a house with in floor heating while I was pregnant so the baby would be warm when crawling around) he wouldn't change diapers but would be with me every time. I was the mommy that did it all and all he did was play with the baby, he would get on the floor and just "hang out" with the baby.

alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• DH was(and still is) super involved with our 1st. We were both 1st time parents, and both of us had a lot of learning to do. I had to have a c-section, so he had to do a lot of the work at first. He was always so good with her, even when she was fussy.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:39 PM on May. 19, 2011