Do you let your kid(s) wear Pj's,costumes,swimsuits or any non- clothing item out in public?

Beyond the yard

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:48 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I've been to the mall with spiderman, and wolverine a few times! He got swarmed by the old ladies! Not pajamas tho'.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:24 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Non clothing? Everything you just named is clothing. lol

Depends on where we're headed, yeah, sometimes I do. You only get to be small and completely self-assured once!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yep. All the time when she was smaller.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We've all gone out and gotten ice cream in our pjs before doing a movie night at home and paused the movie to go get a treat...but most of the time, no
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• hes 5. when he was smaller we put him in his pj's for a late 2 hr trip to the inlaws and took him into walmart in them. he still likes to wear his halloween costumes around the house (spiderman and captain america) but i make him change if we are going somewhere. I have let him wear a pj top with jeans to the store (of course because it had a hero on it)
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 3:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• depends on the age and what is going on. sometimes we get up very early to head out on the road to visit family and the kids wear jammie pants and t-shirts, they walk through the gas stations like that and it doesn't bother me. when my girls were little we would go places in their one piece suits but not now at the ages of 18 and 19, they would never walk around in just swim suits( in public) but my almost 7 yr old son, he would be fine walking around stores in swim trunks. as far as costumes my kids are only interested in those one day a year and yes they can go in public on Halloween :) in costumes
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yeah - sometimes they even like to wear their Halloween costumes to the grocery store in May.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 4:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My son is 5 and often wears his police costume or pirate costume out. It's cute and it makes him happy! I've taken them to get bagels in their pjs on occasion.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Pj's not usually but we will have jammie day at home now and then. My 3 yo dd loves to wear her sister's old dance recital costumes and her princess costumes. I figure why not I spent too much on them for them to just sit in the basement! lol Her sister wore them once or twice out after her recital too.
    We will all wear a pj's to school for snuggle up and read day, but one day I forgot that we had a dentist appointment right after school (1/2 day) and no time to go home and change so we all went in our jammies to the dentist and then out for lunch. It was funny!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:17 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Nope, but then my kids have never asked. I had them in PJs when they were babies obviously, but beyond wearing a Halloween Tshirt in June or a Christmas Tshirt in February, they don't.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:24 PM on May. 19, 2011