Did you ever have a surprising reaction from someone about your pregnancy?

I was with my husband for 4 yrs when we got married and became pregnant about 4 months after. When my mother told her sister about me finding out, she goes "omg what are they going to do?" I don't know why she wondered for a second what we were going to do about it. It was my first child. I told mom to tell her we were going to start shopping. lol.
Or you know when someone finds out and they say "oh, what happened?" Sometimes I am just not sure what people are thinking. hahaha

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 3:49 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh...and having to convince my MIL that I was pregnant this time. LOL. That was a bit of a trip. My LP was working out of state for the first several months of this pregnancy (our third) and he wanted us to tell his mother in person. I was 5 months pregnant and it was getting pretty obvious, plus hard to hide with my daughter's knowing I was pregnant...anyway...when he got home we went over there and he told her I was pregnant and she looked at me and said "no...she looks fine...you don't talk about her weight because you're gaining too". LOL She really thought he was making fun of me.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:57 PM on May. 19, 2011

• After multiple miscarriages and then a year of TTC with fertility issues, when I called to tell my bio mother I was pregnant, she said "Oh, what, just wanted to share that with me?" like she was inconvenienced by the phone call. Thank god she wasn't the one that raised me.

My father did the "how in the hell did that happen" bit with my sister, but that was a bit of a shock because we were graduating that year and she was so young.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:54 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Oh Yea!! I am pregnant now at 43 with my second child. A very big and very wanted surprise! Well at my first OBGYN appt. the girl that takes you in & weighs you said to me "Wow! How do you feel about this?? Is your Husband OK with this too??" I laughed, I wanted to say "why should I keep it a secret from him"?? LOL! needless to say my DH is ecstatic too!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had just a couple people ask who the father was...stupid. I wasn't married at the time but I had been with him for almost 4 years and it's not like nobody knew about him lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I was 40 when I had my third. And it was a surprise. I told my boss and she said "You're not going to keep it are you?"
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:06 PM on May. 19, 2011