Where do you find ideas for planning a weekly menu?

I love it when I plan out the weekly menu and anticipate having something different and special AT HOME everyday. But it's really time consuming and sometimes I just plain run out of ideas! I find that if I don't plan a weekly menu then we end up eating out or eating junk food! Where do you get your weekly menu ideas? Do you always follow it?

bonnytiger

Asked by bonnytiger at 3:53 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I go by whatever is on sale. Maybe try recipes.com or just google recipes.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Sometimes I'll look on allrecipes.com and type in ingredients I have on hand and see what they match it too.
    I take recipes from friends of potlucks.
    I've tried to plan a weekly menu but really it just depends on how I feel that day as far as what I'm going to cook. I'll often make dinner while I make lunch so I don't have to worry about it later.
    some of my fav dinner's and the familie too are: fiesta rice, quesadeas(sp??), different pastas, meatballs and rice, chicken ceasar salad, couple different baked chicken recipes, steak and steak salad, parmesean covered fish. mmmmm
    Tonight we're having chili I made on tuesday, I knew I wouldn't have time to make dinner and get out the door on time with the open house at school tonight.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:13 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Allrecipes.com is a great site! I've used it for a TON of recipes, and we've even found some new family favorites on there. They have tons of options for almost every recipe, so you're sure to find *something* you like :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:41 PM on May. 19, 2011