What do you think about the HCG diet?

My co worker is trying it and me and my other co workers told her she is crazy!! I was just wondering what other people think.

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 4:01 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• That it's a load of crap.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I've done it and I've never been so happy with a diet. I lost 16 pounds in 16 days and had zero side effects except a little bit of tiredness which I fixed with B12. It works amazingly well, especially for people who need a jump start. You just have to really do your homework. I've turned a bunch of people on to it and they're so pleased with their results. One friend lost 26 pounds in a month!
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 4:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Ok granted you lost weight Ataemommy, but I was wondering what people thought about the negative media, the fact that it is not FDA approved and also that there is no scientific evidence that it does anything, and that it's really the 500 calorie diet that does it? All I heard that in 1975 there was a disclaimer on the product that it was no effective for weight loss, I'm not challenging you I'm honestly just curious. Because I personally believe that if it's easy, it's not a good diet or a permanet fix.
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I imagine that different types of diets work differently for different types of people, and that maybe this new diet fad (like others) can really help some people, but for others it could be a waste of time. Personally, it sounds like one that I could not stick to, so even if it did work for me, I'd never be able to complete it! But I think the one of the important things with any diet is that it works with one's lifestyle and is a diet that a person can stick with for rest of their lives!
    Shellbell001

Answer by Shellbell001 at 6:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• OP, the negative media is largely comprised of people who have never done it. The postive reviews are generally from people who have. The 500 calorie diet is primarily responsible for the weight loss, but I could never eat 500 calories in a day and not want to kill myself from hunger if it wasn't for the hcg drops. They made me full most days.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 4:48 PM on May. 23, 2011