Boy with Genital Problems

My 4yr old son has had raw patches in the crease where his leg meets the groin area for months. He also has rawness under his penis to the point where it is breaking open. I called the doctors office and the nurse blew me off saying he was probably just "playing with his new toy" too much. That was over a month ago and it has not gone away. It has gotten better with diaper rash ointment but as soon as I stop using it the redness comes back. Today it is really bad and I tried neosporin o it but am not sure it will work. Any ideas? I really want him to see a doc but obviously they don't have the same level of concern as I do. (I can't just switch docs cuz we are military and have to use the base clinic)

cat1622

Asked by cat1622 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Health

• He could also be allergic to the detergent you are using or body soap too. It sounds like a yeast kind of infection. Has he ever had any yeast infections as a baby? Online they would probably have creams or remedies to use at home for this type of rash. Obviously, Military doctors aren't helping so maybe look for all natural cures to use on him. Those seem to help better than prescriptions do anyway.
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 2:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• He might be allergic to the elastic in underware. I would buy him some little briefs or boxers and see if that helps
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2008