Thyroid

I got the news that I have a mass on my thyroid!! Thyroid Cancer runs in my family.. Has anyone ever had anything like this??

Heartshape

Asked by Heartshape at 4:03 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• The only way to know is a biopsy. It may also just be a benign cyst. In the event that it is cancerous, Thyroid Cancer is the most curable cancer you can get. They remove it, you have radioactive iodine treatment and take thyroid medication there after. My friend had it & is doing great. GL.
    Anonymous

• My mom. They cut it out and she takes synthroid now. It was fine. Wasn't big or spread to anything. Also a friend of mine had it too. She is fine as well. Just let them do what is necessary to help you. Biopsy seems to be the next step or some like to remove it if its big enough. I have a cyst in my thyroid. They just aspirate it when it gets too big.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 7:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thank you guys!
    Heartshape

Comment by Heartshape (original poster) at 9:54 PM on May. 19, 2011